Sunday, August 17, 2008

Shopping Trip!



Yesterday we went shopping for some school supplies (which turned out to be unnecessary, since school was canceled due to the hurricane!) Grandma thought it was quite an adventure.



It started out with us riding in the car with the music on and Grandma started dancing!

Needless to say, we got quite a kick out of it :)

She got a little upset when Jace started bouncing up and down, so she reached over and held him down!

The rest of the ride was mostly uneventful, but humorous. Leave it to Grandma to turn potentially boring adventures into fun ones! When we got to the store we were waiting for Jace to try on some shorts. He came out with one pair and Grandma said "Well, I guess if you like them those are nice. " And after he walked away she turned to us and quietly said "Well actually, they're pretty ugly!!". She was really good about making sure Jace's pants weren't too baggy -- she insisted that he wear them up to his belly button =). She was a better influence than most.




Jace took a pretty long time to try stuff on. Grandma was sitting on a cart type thing, but she was getting pretty impatient. We gave her a u shaped pillow, which she put on backwards, said she was choking, and started screaming! (Not very loudly, of course) She's such a character! Then my dad started a pillow fight with Kenyan. Grandma observed them from a distance, then said to Alyssa "They're embarrassing! Let's get outta here quick." Oh what fun. She thoroughly enjoyed having her hair washed in the sink last night, and kept insisting we were spoiling her. She was really helpful this morning as we were getting up for our church meetings that start at 8:30. She went in to wake up Jace, sympathized with him (because getting up was clearly so awful!), then laughed at him when he fell off the bed! When we got to church, our friend's little girl was sitting by us and she asked me to hide her dolls from her so she could find them. I did it a few times, and when I started losing at this game Grandma came to the rescue!! She'd caught onto our little game, and I guess she wanted to be a part of it! When the little girl wasn't looking Grandma got a really sly look on her face, reached over, snatched the dolls, and tucked them under her arm! The poor little girl had no idea what was coming! Oh Grandma.

When the kids found out there wasn't school tomorrow due to the potential Hurricane Fey they (well I guess I should say 'we'...I was just as excited =] ) ran around yelling, and cheering, and of course, telling Grandma! When they'd calmed down enough to explain to her what was going on, she made a confused expression and said "Oh my! I don't know whether to be terrified or excited!". When they assured her that she was indeed supposed to be excited, she started screaming along with them! She is so fun, and we're so glad she's here!! :)


P.S. Unless your username makes it REALLY obvious who you are, I'd appreciate if you guys signed your comments so we can tell Grandma who's keeping up with her!! Thanks!

7 comments:

JAMALAND said...

Bridian, thanks for the post! I got the biggest chuckle out of it. I'm so glad you're having fun with Grandma there. She's such a gem! Love, Marsha

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Those pictures were cracking me up. Too funny!

ajensen said...

Grandma--you've got moves! We REALLY wish we were there so that we could see you and have fun with you too. Kelli--do you want to take your boys out of school and go on a road trip with me. we love you grandma!~

T. Lopez said...

These are awesome!! Thanks so much Bridian, you're the best for doing this.

CnLAland said...

Oh...this post made my day! I am so lucky to have married into a family with such a wonderful grandma. I feel like she's my own..she's so loving and accepting! Thanks for starting this blog, it's fun to keep up on how she's doing, and my girls LOVE seeing her do silly things! ;) We miss you GG already!

~Lindsay (Cody's wife)

Pariera Family said...

Tell Grandma I got a kick out of watching her dance. Wow what some moves. We love you Grandma.
Trina and Family

Anonymous said...

Bridian, thanks so much and thanks for making it so fun for Grandma. Your Great.
Uncle Gordon

About Me

My photo
I like water, music, and organizing things. When I grow up I'm going to be young.