Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kick Hard, Swear Loud......

So I guess it didn't occur to me to explain the title of the blog. Generally kicking and swearing isn't something we condone. Yesterday Grandma and I were talking about a little boat we have and how we wanted to take her out on the lake in it. She refused, saying she didn't go near water because of what happened when she was a little girl. Aria and I kept up the conversation, trying to convince her to go in the boat or at least to the beach, she said "Boy I tell you, you're not gettin' me in. I kick hard and I swear loud!" Everybody thought this was hilarious, and it pretty much summed up her attitude with a lot of things, hence the title. =)

It was really great to get emails from everybody, even if it wasn't really saying anything! Feel free to add comments..Grandma wants to hear from you guys!

8 comments:

AJordan said...

Bridian, this is awesome that you are doing this. Thanks. How are you by the way?
So I had to add a little story about how grandma hates the water. I don't know how my mom and dad convinced her to get into a canoe, but we were canoeing down the Loxahatchee river (i believe) and somehow grandma and i were in the same canoe and she would grab EVERY tree branch we passed. One time she grabbed to hard or something because the canoe flipped and I got stuck under the canoe with my life jacket on. I was fighting so hard to get out from under the canoe (i didn't realize i could have just bobbed to the top and their was an air pocket in between the top of the water and the flipped canoe) anyway, I nearly drowned. I think John was the one who saved me. Needless to say I didn't ride in the same canoe with grandma after that (I got to ride in John and Marsha's canoe with their expensive camera where there would for sure be no tipping). I'm sad to say, I was so concerned with my own life at that point I don't remember what Grandma's reaction was to the incident. Do any of you remember? Mom? Marsh?

ajensen said...

anna, I am sorry to say that I was laughing so hard remembering that story. You really almost died. and, I think I went in the canoe with her after that, and there were a few more tips if I recall. :) good call getting in the expensive camera canoe. Brid--what are you talking about emails?

I wish you could've gotten that on video--grandma talking about her swearing. :) that is very funny. thanks for updating. Love you!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OK Anna...after that I had to ride in their canoe and we tipped like three more times!!!!!
Thanks for doing this Bridian. So nice of you. I really enjoy it.
We love you GG!!
We also love all of you guys as well. My family will just HAVE to make a little trip down south now that we are pretty close.
Love ya!
Kelli and Fam

BJC said...

I think that I was in that canoe with you Anna! I totally remember that day...do you think that Grandpa had anything to do with the tipping????

BJC said...

Oops! I published my comment before I got to say that we love you Grandma and think of you often!

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Thanks for sharing your stories! I was laughing so hard on all of them. We love you Grandma and we also think of you often! Good to know she is being taken care of!

Pariera Family said...

Love this blog...Thanks Bridian, it will be so great to laugh at more stories!We love you Grandma and can't wait for more.

JAMALAND said...

Well, Well, to set the record straight...John had to wrestle 2 alligators to keep Mom safe that day.. And, the camera excuse did come in handy... and, Kelli was the only one of our kids willing to ride with Grandpa and Grandma. When Grandpa got in the canoe, there was only a few inches from the water to the top of the canoe, so it didn't take much to tip it. And it happened 3 or 4 times. It was a several hours canoe trip, how did we ever talk Mom into it? We did take lots of pictures because it was so unusual to have her in the snake/alligator infested wilderness trip and she was a real sport. Lots of fun!! Marsh

About Me

My photo
I like water, music, and organizing things. When I grow up I'm going to be young.