Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh, Grandma!

Well, I am going to try to update this now that grandma is back here in good ol' Colorado. She is doing pretty good! She always has a story or a song, wants to help, wants to make sure every one is comfortable, and has something to eat! Some things never change!
Sunday morning she woke up and was getting dressed for church when she told Jan that she was getting married. She was excited, and a little giddy. Jan asked her who she was marrying, and grandma told her, " Oh, the first guy to come along and ask me I suppose!" So cute.
A few weeks ago grandma was reading her new relief society manual, which was a little surprising because most days she doesn't see well enough to read, especially small print. Anyways, she was reading part of it and asked Jan if she had to give it back any time soon. Jan told her no and that the book was hers to keep. Grandma was so excited! She even got a little emotional saying she just couldn't believe that she could have her very own copy of this special book. Jan said she held the book to her chest and carried it around for quite awhile, showing every one what a special book it was. She was so exited that she got to keep it all for herself. =D
It really is amazing to me that as lost as grandma is sometimes, she NEVER loses sight of the gospel. It is a testimony to her testimony. Those things that she believes and knows to be true are never far from her mind, wherever that may be.

2 comments:

*aNdY* said...

Thanks for the update.. its good to hear she is doing good..

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. This is Carl's wife. I never gotten to meet her yet, so it is so nice to hear what she is up to. Thank you.

About Me

My photo
I like water, music, and organizing things. When I grow up I'm going to be young.